Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sew distracting...

Dan drove off into the sunset on Sunday, (well, actually- he left early Sunday morning) and my"distraction" from worrying about the move was taken from me. I had been sorting, tossing & packing for 2 weeks. With the rig all packed & gone with my love, how was I supposed to cope? I discovered it about an hour after Dan drove off...my overflowing bin of "sewing projects to be!" By Sunday evening, I had cut out 15 of Sammy's little t-shirts and a baby blanket- for a quilt I had planned for his new bed after we move. I had never attempted a quilt, and had no real instructions, but I dove in & got it 1/2 way done by that evening.

I like to start and stop projects at will- I'm a bit wild that way- so I stopped working on the quilt before getting frustrated with it, and started cutting up one of Dan's old shirts instead. I have been noticing a lot of really fun ways to repurpose men's & women's shirts online lately. Mainly into little girl's dresses, or into purses. Olivia is a dress-girl, so I went with that. This is what I came up with Monday afternoon:

Her favorite part is the back:

Tuesday, while the kids were at school & my laundry was drying, I cut up another shirt of Dan's & how cute is this?!
I've got few more shirt/dress transformations coming, but need to go buy some supplies at Joanne's first.

I think I'll get my crochet hooks out tonight while I watch Glee....

2 comments:

  1. You are too creative:) Can't wait for Saturday night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last shirt dress...is there a link with directions?? It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete