Monday, August 22, 2011

hooray for the red white & blue...and candy?

Our 4th of July weekend was fun-filled! We had almost been in Juneau a week, and one of Dan's nice coworkers invited us over for a BBQ. I'm a shy-kinda-nervous to meet new people kinda girl, and whenever I get nervous or sad or mad...I know crafty & fun food will make it all better :) This is what we made for the BBQ:
Bald Eagle Treats:  start with oreos, marshmellows, coconut, chocolate chips, & white frosting or melted white chocolate.

spread frosting on the marshmellow, and roll in the coconut.

put the coconut marshmellow on top of the oreo, and decorate with the nut & chips

An all American sugar rush!

I also made a pistachio-coolwhip-fruitcocktail "salad" & decorated it with berries:

The barbeque was great fun! The next day, we had some crafty time & decorated candy bags for the parade:



Waiting for the parade!!
They had SO much fun! Happy 4th of July!!
(yep. I know...it's August 22 ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment